In this podcast University of Alberta 3rd year medical student, Katie Girgulis, will discuss the topic of Scoliosis in the pediatric population.
After listening to this podcast you should be able to:
- Understand how to recognize and diagnose scoliosis in pediatric patients
- List categories for the etiology of scoliosis and provide some examples
- List key elements of a history and physical exam to identify the likely etiology of a patient’s scoliosis
- Understand appropriate investigations and follow-up for patients with scoliosis
- Recognize red flag features and know when to refer