Rebecca Afford is a 4th year medical student from the Northern Medical Program at UBC. This podcast has been created with help from Dr. Jonathan Misskey, vascular surgeon at Vancouver General Hospital.
The topic of today’s podcast will be acute limb ischemia.
- By the end of this podcast, the listener should be able to:
- #1. Define the importance of recognizing and treating acute limb ischemia
- #2. Understand the pathophysiology and risk factors for acute limb ischemia
- #3. Identify key features on history and physical examination suggestive of acute limb ischemia
- #4. Create a differential diagnosis for acute limb ischemia
- #5. Understand the natural history of acute limb ischemia
- #6. Be aware of surgical and non-surgical options for the treatment of acute limb ischemia
- and finally, #7. Identify potential complications of reperfusing a limb