In this episode, Dr Shahzeer Karmali discusses surgery for the treatment of morbid obesity. After listening to this podcast, learners should be able to:
- describe recent changes in body weight in the North American population
- list the diseases associated with morbid obesity
- define the terms 'overweight', 'obese' and 'severely obese'
- outline the principles of treatment of morbid obesity
- outline the principles of surgery for morbid obesity
- list three operations for morbid obesity
- describe the evidence base for morbid obesity surgery
Running time 23:53
Extra: link to 'Obesity 101'