This is the 2nd episode in a 4-part series covering complications at the time of vaginal delivery. This episode is brought to you by Leah Rusnell a fourth-year medical student at the University of Saskatchewan in Regina. Yesterday, we discussed operative vagina delivery and in this episode, we'll look at the management of breech deliveries.
After listening to this episode, learners will be able to:
- Define the types of breech presentation.
- List the risk factors for breech presentation.
- Outline the timing, indications, contraindications, and technique required to perform an external cephalic version.
- Describe the controversy surrounding vaginal delivery of a breech baby.
- List the contraindications to planned vaginal breech delivery.
- List the requirements that must be met during the breech labor and delivery process.