In this episode, Dr Jonathan White discusses how students can make the most of learning in the surgical clinic. After listening to this episode, learners should be able to:
Running time 22:12
Here are the PDF notes for episode 63.
In this episode, Dr Jonathan White offers tips on how students should present their surgical cases to the surgical team. After listening to this podcast, learners should be able to:
Running time 21:51
Here are the PDF notes for episode 61.
Here are the PDF notes for episode 62.
In this special episode, Dr Jonathan White presents Grand Rounds in Surgery from the Department of Surgery at the University of Alberta on September 9, 2011 on the topic of "The Future of Surgical Education".
Running time 43:16.
Format: enhanced podcast, best viewed using iTunes (click in the Now Playing window at bottom left to see images).
Please note that all views expressed are Dr White's, and that any images displayed are used for educational purposes under the protection of fair use; all copyrights remain with the original copyright holders.
Updated version September 15, 2011: images should now display properly.
In this episode, Dr Jonathan White discusses how to use the findings of history & physical examination to make a diagnosis, order tests and generate a treatment plan for the surgical patient.
After listening to this episode, learners should be able to:
• Describe the RIME framework of medical student development.
• Describe how to make a differential diagnosis using key features and medical knowledge.
• List the common tests employed in surgical diagnosis, and explain their rational use.
• Use the DAVID framework to make a treatment plan.
• Describe how a consult note is written.
Running time 22:08
In this episode, Dr Jonathan White discusses the abdominal examination. After listening to this episode, learners should be able to:
• Explain how to prepare for the abdominal examination
• Describe the IPPA system of abdominal examination
• Describe a number of simple tips to improve each step of the abdominal examination
Running time 20:15
Here are the PDF notes for episode 60.