In this episode, Dr Jonathan White discusses how to use the findings of history & physical examination to make a diagnosis, order tests and generate a treatment plan for the surgical patient.
After listening to this episode, learners should be able to:
• Describe the RIME framework of medical student development.
• Describe how to make a differential diagnosis using key features and medical knowledge.
• List the common tests employed in surgical diagnosis, and explain their rational use.
• Use the DAVID framework to make a treatment plan.
• Describe how a consult note is written.
Running time 22:08